Monday, June 25, 2012

Fundraiser #2...  African Birds

To raise money for our adoption, my mother in law Becky has generously donated a whole nest full of homemade African birds.  She is an amazing seamstress and has 40+ years of experience behind a sewing machine.  Becky spent countless hours cutting, sewing, stitching and adding little details to dozens of birds.  She purchased most of the fabric while on a mission trip to Africa and the fabric is absolutely beautiful.  Some of the birds were donated to the Lights of Hope 2012 auction and brought in quite a bit of money.  The rest she said we could use to raise funds to bring our own little bird home.

We will be selling the birds for $20 each.  If you live out of our area, we politely ask you to include $4 for shipping.  You can purchase the birds by using the Paypal donate button on our blog.  Please  email me or leave a comment letting me know how many you would like and where you would like them to be sent.  If you live in our area and would like to stop by and choose your own bird, that is fine too.  We will continue selling them until they are all gone.  Hopefully the pictures do these sweet African birds justice, it was not easy getting them all to look at the camera at the same time.  :)










                                         

Due to the uniqueness and variety of fabrics, please do not specify which one you would like.  They are all equally adorable and each one was sewn with love.  Thank you so much for supporting our adoption and following us on this journey to our little bird.

2 comments:

  1. These pictures look incredible!! Especially the ones where the African hut is in the background, looks like the birds are actually there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like 2 of the birds (preferably from those shown in pictures 3 & 12). I would also like one of the coffees. Please email me at monadube@sbcglobal.net to let me know the total cost plus shipping (I'm in So. Cal). Once I have the total amount, I'll pay you through your "Donate" button.

    Thanks so much! I love those birds.

    ReplyDelete